Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PURPLE SMILE


It's no secret that I love my newest appliance, it's a wonder we haven't gotten fat from all the smoothies I have been mixing.  Most of the smoothies come from recipes I've found on line but I did  come up with my own concoction that would put Jamba Juice to shame.  It is our absolute favourite and even the kids can't get enough of it.  Lucky for you, I am willing to share the recipe.  I wanted to get a nice picture of the to die for smoothie but it never lasts long enough for me to get my camera out and snap a few shots.  Fortunately, Emily was able to get a few with her iphone of the kids enjoying theirs.


I call it the Purple Smile because even the adults look like this when we are done.    















1 ripe banana 
1 cup orange juice
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Blend until smooth and voila you too can sport this lovely smile.  This is enough for two servings but if you want to have it all to yourself, I won't tell and I certainly wouldn't blame you.   Seriously though, try it, it is soooooo good and good for you too but we won't tell the kids that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment