Saturday, September 22, 2012

SUGAR AND SPICE

From time to time about every two weeks or so I kidnap a grandkid or two for a few days.  Lilah seems to be the one that gets more than her fair share of visits mostly because her older brother and sister are now in school.  It doesn't hurt that I am her favourite person and she most times prefers to be with me than with her own parents.  I sometimes have to bribe her to get her to go home. (This in no way reflects on her parents who are kind and loving with all their children) As I was getting her out of the bath the other night she said "Mirror Nona." (the grandkids all call me Nona)

"Do you want to look in the mirror?" I asked.

"Yes" she replied.

"Who's that pretty girl in the mirror?"  I asked.

"Nona" was her answer.

Oh, she's good.

The very next morning she was up exceptionally early.

"What are you doing up so early little girl?"  I whispered as I took her down to the playroom.

"To see you Nona."she whispered back.

Well played Lilah, well played.

Here she is in her favourite coat and boots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment