Sunday, June 12, 2011

A HILL, A HEEL, AND A SKIRT

This past week our lovely daughter-in-law Emily graduated from Sheridan Tech with a degree in advertising.  Unfortunately she was only allowed two guests for the graduation ceremony so we weren't able to attend, apparently Ian and I aren't the two most important people in her life, what's with that?  All joking aside, we are proud of her and her accomplishment.  Congratulations Emily! By the way, isn't that a great picture of Emily and her little niece Ava?

Though I wasn't able to go to Emily's graduation, I was able to attend the graduation of another young woman.  I have to say it was the highlight of my week and not for the reasons you might think.  The ceremony was long but the speakers were great so the time passed fairly quickly.  The fun began after the ceremony when we went outside to take pictures.  Cora stood atop a small hill while I took her picture and then she called for her mom to pose with her for a few photos.  Her mom bent down to put her bottle of water and her purse on the ground.  This is when the heel of her shoe got caught in her skirt.  When she stood back up her elastic waisted skirt slipped down at the back exposing her underwear.  As she tried to pull her skirt back up the heel of her shoe stuck fast and up went her foot knocking her off balance and down she went head over heels down the hill underwear even more exposed.  Fortunately (?) there were a lot of people around and a few kindhearted souls rushed to her rescue because Cora and I were laughing so hard we could barely move.  I did manage to take a few pictures because that's the kind of caring friend I am.  I truly am surprised that I am not the most absolutely popular person I know.



"I suppose you're going to call and tell everybody about this." she said to me as I dropped her off at home.
"No" I replied "I'm going to blog about it."
I quickly rolled the window up so I couldn't hear her reply.

Congratulations Cora!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I'm coming up on Monday. I'm afraid to be your friend. I notice that you don't write about your enemies. Hmmm!?

    ReplyDelete