Sunday, April 10, 2011

NO SAFE PLACE




I have been good about limiting my time watching Tru TV and The Health Channel except for when Ian's around, then I watch Tru TV.

Me:  "I don't know why these men think they can get away with murdering their wives, don't they know that the husband is always the first person the police investigate?"

This is met with silence. Does he not know that this is not a rhetorical question?

I continue "and in an age with so much sophisticated forensic technology, you would have to be stupid to commit a serious crime."

"You would have to be pretty stupid" he agrees. Good, I think he got my point.

So anyway, now that I am limiting my time watching these channels I am left watching the Sci Fi channel.  I thought this was a good choice until last week when I was home alone late at night and heard a noise outside.  My first thought should have been a raccoon, skunk or deer but no, now I imagine aliens (don't laugh).  To my understanding they tend to land in secluded areas and go about what aliens do.  I live in a secluded area and who knows, perhaps I am just the kind of specimen aliens are looking for.  According to Stephen Hawking, if you should run into an alien you should avoid contact with it.  Really? 'cause I thought maybe you would invite it in for tea... herbal of course because I am Mormon and we don't drink tea or coffee.
Let's forget aliens for a second, did you know that there are asteroids flying all around our lovely planet and that it's only a matter of time before we are hit with a big one?  I've been to Arizona and seen the huge crater where one hit before.  This is not my imagination people.  We're basically playing dodgeball with these things and there is no safe place to hide.
Don't worry friends I am not really too worried about the asteroid thing after all there's not much we can do about it anyway, and I don't really believe in aliens unless of course I am home alone late at night.

3 comments:

  1. Haha this reminds me of the time there was a garbage bag tied to the pole outside and Carter wouldn't stop barking. I called you at work and you told me to lock the doors haha. I thought there was a dead body in it until you called back and told me it was the clothes line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not completely crazy considering Sudbury was created by a meteor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explains a few things about Sudbury. : D And Brittany ,I don't think I'll ever forget that.

    ReplyDelete