Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MALAPROPISMS



I have a confession to make, I'm a Gleek. In fact, I just bought the entire first season of Glee with the plan to wrap it up and give it to myself for Christmas... I often do this so that I am guaranteed at least one present I want... but my resolve wavered and it got opened as soon as I got back to Brittany's.  Nathan and Emily have been coming over each night to watch it too.  I knew we had overdone it when Brittany and I both happened to have dreams about Glee on the same night.  Last night as we were discussing this over dinner at the mall... we eat high class... Ben joined the conversation and mentioned something about "Huck". Brittany corrected him "you mean Puck?"
Ben then carried on about thinking his name was "Huck" like from the song.  The song? what song?
Ben then began to sing "Huckleberry Finn in the old oak tree merry merry something something".

This was all sung to the tune of a very familiar Australian song.

We all looked at each other and started to laugh.  "I think the words are kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he..."

This is the same guy who until recently thought that when someone gave you their cast off clothes they were called handy downs.

Brittany has her work cut out for her.

4 comments:

  1. This post is so weird...I'm not even kidding you but we for some reason, were just singing the words to this song and I was singing it ALL wrong and Steve was correcting me, literally as I was pulling up my internet. SO weird, but to make Ben feel any better I didn't have a chance at the song either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Startin' in on the in-laws already eh? Not even a friendly little "trial" or "honeymoon" period?

    That's PRETTY funny though.

    Monk was trying to sing the Lighting Plus jingle just this morning - He thought it was "Full of just great prices, LightENing Plus"
    He asked me some question about what kind of lightening it had to be to be a Lightening Plus - I informed him that LIGHTing Plus was a store that sold all different kinds of lights - NOT LightENing - and that their jingle was "MORE than just great prices, Lighting Plus"
    Actually I think he had mixed up "prices" for something else too. I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is weird Andrea. I had an experience like that once and it kinda freaked me out a little.

    Ana, Ben has been my son in law for over a year now, his "trial" period is officially over. I only had to be good until he married my daughter. Once the ring was on her finger he was fair game.

    ReplyDelete