Monday, March 29, 2010

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

My weekend.
THE GOOD:

  •  Taking visitors from New Zealand to the sugar bush so that they could discover first hand the wonders of maple syrup production. 
  • Discovering that maple cotton candy, or candy floss as the Kiwis refer to it, tastes absolutely amazing.
  • Having the grandkids here all weekend.
  • Having old friends come for a visit.
  • Tortilla soup, easy to make, feeds a crowd, and tastes delish.
  • Witnessing the blessing of my newest granddaughter.
THE BAD

  • Getting sick just as everybody arrived on Friday night.
  • Missing a baby shower because I overslept having a little nap. (I probably shouldn't have gone anyway considering how I was feeling.)
  • Nearly slicing off the top of my thumb while cutting an onion.
THE UGLY

  • That would have been me.  Sore throat, stuffy nose, watery eyes, definitely not a pretty sight. I think I may have been a bit grumpy too but I like to think I kept it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment