Monday, February 22, 2010

THE TALENTED MR. IAN




I fear that if I continue to blog about my dear husband, I will not  remain married for long but tonight I just cannot help myself.  Here is the gist of a conversation we had last night.

Me (coming into the bedroom, finding him with remote in hand).  "Whatcha watching?"

Ian: "The Talented Mr. Ripley."

Me: "Really???"

"Yes,  why have you seen it?'

"No, but you have."

"No I haven't."

"Ah yes you have, a long time ago, you didn't like it and you told me not to bother watching it, that I wouldn't like it either."

"I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it."

I will interject at this point and tell you that this is the same man whom in the space of a year rented the same movie four times telling me it must be a good one because it had both Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson in it.  It wasn't.  The fourth time he brought it home, I thought  he was joking.  He wasn't.   Back to our conversation.

"Trust me Ian, you've seen it and anyway I thought you'd be watching the hockey game. (Canada vs US Olympic game)

"It's not on"

"Yes it is.  It started at seven forty"

"Well we don't get it then"

"What do you mean?"

"I've been through the channels and I'm telling you we don't get it."

"We've been getting the other olympic events so I'm pretty sure we get it." I take the remote from his hands, scroll through the guide, click on a channel and voila! the hockey game appears on the screen.  He is suitably impressed with my channel finding skills.


Fast forward to tonight.

Ian: " I watched the rest of that movie last night in between watching the game. "(Such a man thing.)

"Did you remember having seen it?"

"No, but I didn't like it... you wouldn't either."

4 comments:

  1. Another winning post. I see a pattern emerging.

    That would be...Ian.

    You should always write about Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please don't worry about your marriage...it's to entertaining for the rest of us...it gives us youngin's something to look forward to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah! That is hilarious!

    Daniel's response to your post: "That's because I'm not there to inform him when all of the sporting events are on"..What a shame..I'm sure you really miss Daniel on Sunday afternoons when he isn't there to "inform" everyone of 2 back-to-back basketball games that are on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete