Sunday, October 18, 2009

PLAYING CUPID

So my husband turns to me today and asks if I wouldn't mind passing on an acquaintance's email to a certain young woman in our church congregation.  I was a little reluctant because I have never met this man and felt like I couldn't vouch for the guy's character even if my husband assured me that he could.
Me:  How old is this guy?
Ian: mmmm.... I'm not sure.
You have to have some sort of idea.
In his thirties maybe?
Oh that really narrows it down. Closer to twenty nine or to forty?
Maybe in the middle?
So, is he good looking?
Um... I don't know.
He looks totally panic stricken at this question. Is he afraid I will think he is gay if he answers yes? It is an offense to their masculinity to even suggest that they notice another man's appearance. Apparently, straight guys are not good judges of other guys looks.  Really?   I don't believe it, not one little bit.  They just won't admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment