Friday, October 9, 2009

NAUGHTY BUT FUNNY


The highlight of  a trip to a chinese restaurant for my family is the reading of the fortune cookies at the end of our meal.  There is always an eruption of laughter and sometimes tears of mirth as we each take turns announcing our fortunes.  You are probably asking yourself what's so funny about those little gems of wisdom slipped into cookies hard enough to break teeth.  Well truthfully, they're not that funny at all... until you follow our tradition of adding the words "in bed" to the end of your fortune.
While cleaning out my purse today, I came across a few of the fortunes that I kept.
DISCLAIMER: If you think you may be offended, stop reading here.

You are capable, competent, creative and careful. (in bed)
You are cheerful and well liked. (in bed)
You have balance and foresight, and you can envision the ideal direction that events should take.(in bed)
And my favourite.... If you need a helping hand, look at the end of your arm. (in bed)

PS  My husband does not take part in the merriment but we are sure to read his out too.  On occasion I have even seen him smile.

2 comments:

  1. LOL.....that is to funny!! I could just see you in a line up getting ready to pay and you pop out a fortune and start laughing...with people staring at you right then you make a smart comment on what you are good at in bed and wait for the reactions...yes you are a non boring RS Pres....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee. I think you would find it highly amusing, and I look forward to this little game in future fortune cookie eating times.

    ReplyDelete