Saturday, July 30, 2011

AT LONG LAST

Introducing......
                                                                            Athen Tane


He was born July 15 while I was away in California at a wedding.  I was a little disappointed that he didn't wait until his due date (tomorrow) because I was invited to be there for the delivery.  I told him that he was starting off on the wrong foot but then he snuggled up to me and smiled (it wasn't gas, I don't care what you say) so we're all good now.  It was probably a good thing that he arrived a little early because he weighed a healthy 7 pounds, 13 ounces.  He would have weighed well over 8 pounds had he baked two more weeks.

Mattew and Kere call him their little Maori baby.  I am not sure if it's because of his dark skin and flat nose or because he makes faces like this.
Do you see a resemblance? 


Athen loves his woombie and sleeps so well when he's wearing it.  I highly recommend it to any new mother.  Seriously, it's the absolute best.  I think this will be the gift I'll be giving at baby showers for years to come.


A baby (not Athen) snuggled up in a Woombie.


Yesterday Athen had a bath in the Spa Baby another highly recommended baby product.  He loved, loved, loved, it.  Did I mention he loved it?   I have never seen a baby so relaxed in the bath before and trust me, I have bathed a lot of babies in my lifetime.  He just lay there and didn't move or make a sound.  


He's a sweet little baby and is a welcome addition to our family.  








No comments:

Post a Comment