Tuesday, April 26, 2011

OH WHAT A NIGHT!


My day started before seven this morning when I heard two of my lovely grandchildren up running around.  How is it possible that a twenty five pound two year old and a thirty five pound four year old can manage to sound like a whole herd of elephants?  Apparently they were trying to be quiet.  FAIL

Soon after, I heard the one year old crying so I got her and discovered that she was not feeling well and wanted nothing to do with anybody but me. This can quite often be the case even when she is not sick and I usually find it endearing but after a weekend with eight adults in the house and four children under the age of four, I really wanted to get my home back in some semblance of order.  FAIL

I babysat all three of my grandkids today and despite the baby being sick, it went quite well especially while Nathan and Emily were here helping to entertain the older two while I tended to the baby, that is until tonight when all three of them decided they weren't going to bed without a fight. I went up two flights of stairs no less than seven times giving at least six stern warnings. FAIL

When it seemed that all the kids were settled I grabbed a spoon from the kitchen and a carton of Kit Kat ice cream from the freezer  and drowned my sorrows in the delicious taste Kit Kat suspended in creamy chocolate ice cream. There was no bowl involved, yes you read it right,  judge me if you must  and yes I know it has like a kijillion calories but at that point I couldn't have cared less and besides I had gone up two flights of stairs seven times...seven times people!  I guess now that I have eaten straight from the carton, I can't really allow anyone else to have any. WIN

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it, who would judge? You don't have to even have had a bad day to do that.

    ReplyDelete