Saturday, September 12, 2009

TOP TEN

I mentioned to Daniel that I was so going to enjoy his wedding because all I had to do was show up when his lovely bride to be piped up and told me I was giving a speech. What???? I thought only the fathers did that? So much for my free ride.
I decided to forgo the usual advice giving , welcome to the family, speech and came up with a top ten list.
So here's the TOP TEN REASONS I AM GLAD DANIEL MARRIED OLIVIA

10. We wear the same shoe size. (smile)
9. I won't have to stay up late and chaperone any more. (I still stay up late and I actually didn't really need to chaperone. They weren't teenagers)
8. It's good to know that there is actually someone that takes longer than my daughter in the shower. (Didn't think that was possible)
7. She can actually put up with Daniel. (didn't think that one was possible either.)
6. Did I mention we wear the same shoe size? (she has left her shoes at our house on numerous occasions. They may or may not have been worn by me.)
5. They are going to provide beautiful grandchildren for me. ( I like this one the best)
4. I've always thought it would be cool to belong to a big Italian family. (this one was changed at the last minute after Olivia suggested I not use the word Mafia. There were about 100 Italians in the room so chances are...)
3. Daniel can try to teach Olivia to be on time. ( She was an hour late for the wedding rehearsal the day before. It frustrates Daniel to no end and provides a great deal of amusement for the rest of us who have had to wait for Daniel over the years.)
2. She hooks me up with some serious bling. (At this point, I put a huge necklace on. It was a big yellow and black caution sign that said : Beware Mother-In-Law. Olivia did actually give it to me.)
1.I now know for sure that it is possible to love someone else's child as much as your own. (This produced a collective awwwww from the guests and tears from my new daughter-in-law. I almost cried too.)
When I got back to my table, feeling quite pleased with myself, my brand new son-in-law and fairly new (3 years) daughter-in-law were not happy. "NOW you know for sure? You didn't know before?????
Oops, sorry!
For the record, I love them too.

1 comment:

  1. Come on...Keri and Ben are great, but your newest child-in-law is definitely the most loveable:)

    ReplyDelete