Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LUCK O' THE IRISH OR GOLDEN HORSESHOE? EITHER WAY, I'LL TAKE IT!


I had a friend once tell me that I must have a golden horseshoe stuck up my backside (not her exact wording). She seemed to think that good things happened to me for no apparent reason. I argued that good things happened to everyone you just had to recognize it. Being the pessimist she is, she didn't buy it. Another friend once commented that I have the luck of the Irish sometimes. Having done some genealogy, I couldn't argue, there's definitely some Irish ancestry. Brittany it would seem, has inherited it too. I cannot believe how things are coming together for her wedding and the deals we have been able to get. It's been nothing short of amazing. I believe we've really been blessed. First there were the wedding invitations that we got at 75% off the sale price that just happened to be the right colour. Then there was the whole ordeal of trying to find a tent to rent. Only one was available and it was 50x70 feet. I told the rental agent it was a wedding we were holding not a circus. I mentioned it to my neighbor and he told me that right in the little town we live in, the Lions Club rented tents. I was able to get just what I wanted at half the price of any place else. I could go on and on but I won't bore you with the details, I'll save them for their own separate posts. I hope that things continue to go in this direction. There is still a lot to do yet but I am confident that it will all come together. I just hope that one day when I am bending over to pick something up, that golden horseshoe doesn't pop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment