Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SIX GIRLS AND A CITY PART 2



There's just something about traveling with a group of girls that can't be matched.  Sure six women sharing one tiny bathroom can be a logistical nightmare, especially when one of them in particular likes to take her time in the shower (I won't mention any names Olivia), but the fun an all girl group has together far outweighs waiting for a turn in the bathroom.  All except one of us were related somehow through marriage and it was fun to bond and get to know each other better.
I learned that gas escaping from Emily's butt can clear a room pretty fast (she tried to tell us that it was also her feet), that Natalie is forever bopping around to music she hears in her head (better than voices I guess), that Olivia has some creative uses for clementines (I'd post pictures but I promised...), that Brittany can suck back more than her fair share of a frozen hot chocolate (and anyone else's leftovers), and that Donna can pole dance (I have video to prove it).   I don't think that I've laughed so hard in a long time.
I will never forget doing the wave in Central Park, dancing in the glass elevator in the Apple Store, laughing at Donna's spills, watching Olivia snatch up the stray M&Ms, adventures on the subway, being a spectator in a road rage altercation, being led down the back streets of Chinatown to buy knock-off purses, and the drunk guy asking his friend "why there be white people in Harlem?"

No comments:

Post a Comment